Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cynthia


Cynthia, originally uploaded by Blue I'x.

A couple of years ago, there was a big creepy black spider living behind my side view mirror. It creeped me out for a few days, and I tried to lose him by driving fast. But when the wind picked up, he'd just crawl back behind the mirror, and be safe until I parked. Then he could come back out and work on his web a little more. Eventually I decided I had to stop letting him give me the creeps. So I named him. His name was Jack. I spoke to him, and started to even like him there - like my little car mascot or something. Mission accomplished. Eventually he went away, and I actually missed him. A few months later another little spider took his place, and her name was Suzie.

On our little Southern Alberta adventure a few weeks ago, Brian and I returned to the car at one point, to find this creature hanging out, admiring her reflection. She didn't stick around for long, but she did hang on long enough for us to take a few photos of her. I decided to name her Cynthia.

No comments: