Monday, August 16, 2010

In the Middle


Her Fearful Symmetry, originally uploaded by Blue I'x.

I've just finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger. It was good. It was interesting, dark, bizarre, organic, and original. It didn't change my world, but was a good read. It kept me interested - and in the final third, I didn't want to put it down. I can't say everyone should read it, because I'm sure a lot would hate it... But I recommend it as it is - dark, strange, interesting.

And now, I'm in that frustrating limbo between books. I don't know what to read next... I don't have anything all lined up.

This is the author's second novel - her first was The Time Traveller's Wife, which was obviously hugely popular. I haven't read that, and it's been added to my list... But I don't own it.

I am two thirds of the way through the Millenium trilogy, but I'm waiting for the third book to come out in soft cover... Whenever that may be.

Pillars of the Earth keeps coming up, and has been on my list for years... I even owned it in hardcover for a while, but lent it out and haven't seen it again... My sister may have the soft cover to lend me... But again, who knows when that will happen...

I think before bed tonight I'll stare down my bookshelf... I know there are books in there that I haven't read, but want to. Just can't think of them right off the bat...

No comments: