Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dreaming - Amy Lee

So, I've thought for a while that I'd like to record my dreams on my blog. I don't always remember them in great detail, but I'd like to note the bits I DO remember, and then I think I'm more likely to keep remembering them more specifically. Right? Right.

So, last night I dreamt of Amy Lee of Evanescence. She was wearing a tanktop, her hair long and dark, and her barbell in her eyebrow. We were sitting on a couch together, and she was crying. I tried to comfort her, holding her, stroking her hair. She didn't think she was brave enough or strong enough to endure, and I told her she was. She insisted she was no different from any other young woman out there, and I said, "Exactly. And we've all got the strength inside us. We just have to find it, and figure out how to use it."

What do I think this dream means? I think it's a combination. For one, I think it could be like a conversation to myself, telling myself to snap out of it, and realize I've got what I need inside me, just like anyone else. Secondly, I've probably been listening to far too much Evanescence lately. The Open Door hasn't come out of my car since I got it almost a month ago.

Time to get back to work. I finished one of my performance reviews this morning (the one with my new boss). It was pretty good. I didn't get too much scolding in terms of the situation with "fucking guy" (see yesterday's post), I guess he figured his yesterday-scolding was sufficient. So we listed my priorities, which makes me happy - Always good to know precisely what I'm expected to do.

We also talked about my future career development, and I'm excited about that. Basically for the first while, my learning focus is just on learning what I can from talking to people, and reading whatever I can (AEUB regulations - Woo!), and getting to know all the processes and proceedures. But in Fall 2007, my boss plans to get me into a NACE Corrosion course. He would like to see me become a Corrosion Technologist. In order to be called a Corrosion Technologist, there are 5 courses which probably take about 2 and a half years to complete, plus you have to work in the area of corrosion for 2 years, but my current position is considered to be in that area of corrosion, so it appears to make perfect sense. Also, I think it would open a lot of doors for me. I don't know all the options it would open up to me, but most of the engineers I work with are called Asset Integrity Advisors, and I could certainly head in that direction if I wanted - pipeline inspections and stuff, ya know?

Anyway, I know this is still a couple years off, and I also know that I have a new big exciting plan for the rest of my life, like - Every 3 days. But for now it's good and exciting, and something to look forward to, or to aim for. Makes it feel like there's a reason I do things. Ya know?

I would also like to announce that Josh gets serious points for leaving me a comment yesterday, although I may have to take into consideration that it took him 2 months to get around to it. Teehee. Okay, that's all. Back to workimus stressimus.

Arg. And once again, I've tried like 7 times to post a picture with this post and it's not working. If I keep trying and it keeps not working I might break something. So no pictures again today. Sowwy.

No comments: