Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Hello all - It's Halloween!!! I hope you are all having a great one. I am the only one dressed up on my floor at work - but that's nothing new. Actually, I used to always be one of about 4 dressed-up, but this year I am literally the ONLY one. Hm... People keep saying that lots of people used to dress up - even last year, apparently, there were at least 10 or 15 costumes on the floor. Even when I went out at lunch time - I saw very very few. Makes me kinda sad, somehow. I wonder if it's a trend, or just this year? Of everyone I've seen around downtown today, I'd say less than 3% are dressed up.

I don't really know what I'm dressed up as, just some sort of dark-gothicy-sorceressy-type lady. Looooong dark red skirt with a bit of a train, black lace-up top, black flowy cape. I braided my hair last night so it would be all crimpy, and this morning I added sparkles and stars. And of course dark gothicy make-up. It's fun.

I didn't get a pumpkin to carve this year - too busy, too broke. But my house is decorated all Halloween-y, and I'm SO excited for the darling little kiddies to start coming by looking for candy tonight! My poor roommate doesn't get home from work until 7, so he'll miss all the really cute little ones...

Okay, I think that may be all I have to say - I just wanted to acknowledge this lovely day, and encourage you all to do something - ANYTHING - to celebrate this holiday. Pretty please? For me?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I sent you an email but haven't heard from you. I hope all is well with you...

Happy Halloween!

Michelle