Monday, June 22, 2009

Fairview Field Trip


View Larger Map

7:20 am this morning, left Calgary by plane. Arrived in Grande Prairie at 8:30am. Rented a truck and drove to Eaglesham, arrived around 10 or 10:30. Did line-by-line reviews of our first two (of eight this week) pipeline systems. Left Eaglesham around 5pm. We drove NE, to cross The Peace River at the Shaftsbury Ferry. It was AWESOME. And so small, all I could think about were the giant Vancouver ferries. There was room for a maximum of 4 vehicles, and it was like a little tug boat attached to a couple of pontoons with a deck built on top. Just... Awesome. I took pictures, and will be posting some on Flickr at some point. From there, back west to Fairview - which is where our hotel is for our first few nights. We're staying in the Dunvegan Motor Inn, which is so ancient and so shifty it's hilarious. It scared me a bit the first time I stayed here, but you get used to it, and it's history gets almost charming. Ha.

Tomorrow I think we're working out of the Fairview office right here in town, so we don't have much driving to do. In fact, we might be here in town until Thursday, when we head back to Grande Prairie...

Okay, my alarm goes off in 6 hours and that is SO not enough sleep for me so... I'm going to sleep now.

Good night from Fairview.
:)

No comments: