Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Best Kind of Pain

Yesterday I attended the first yoga class I've been to in at least a year. And today I hurt like you wouldn't believe! But it's a good hurt. It's the hurt that lets me know I've pushed myself physically, and my muscles are rebuilding stronger than before - As long as I keep it up, of course. I'm pretty sure I will, though. It feels amazing.

Today it's mostly my arms/shoulders, thanks to those freakin' sun salutations. Even when I loved and adored yoga and practised it every day, I still wasn't a fan of the sun salutations - but I know they're an important part of the practise, and I know they'll keep me in shape. And I know they'll get a little less difficult as I do them more often again. There's also a bit of muscle pain in my abdomen area, but I think those muscles won't really do anything spectacular until I build up my core strength again in general. But holy crap, my arms!!! It hurts to raise my coffee mug to my lips to drink! Hooray!

And I'll be attending these classes every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch time. I'm so excited!

I'm also rather pumped about my ballroom classes - I know I've talked about those already, but I'm just - Very excited about all of it. Yoga+Ballroom= 3 physical classes a week. Hooray!!!

I think that's all I've got to ramble on about for now. Oh, and PS - I fully intend to post a personal little HNT pic tonight - So stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

Osbasso said...

I wouldn't be able to walk if I tried to do yoga right now!

Personal little HNT? Love it!