Tuesday, September 05, 2006

RIP Steve Irwin

This is a horribly sad item to have stumbled across today. I've just heard that Steve Irwin was killed yesterday. It surprises me how sad that makes me. I mean, I didn't think I was THAT big a fan. But I truly feel in my heart of hearts that he was a GOOD person. And it is sad that he has been taken from the world, because we need all the good people we can have. I feel so sorry for his wife and young children - It's a loss none of them should have to go through. I can't even put words to this tragedy.

Maybe this is morbid, but whenever I used to watch Crocodile Hunter, I wondered if he'd be killed by a wild animal one day. I sort-of thought he would. He seems to come SO close SO many times. It wasn't a snake, it was a stingray. There was talk of releasing the footage of his death - I don't really know how I feel about that.

Sorry for the horribly depressing post. I hadn't posted anything since last week, so thought I'd better. I tried to come up with something cheerier to say, but it didn't work - And this was something that struck me, and I wanted to say something about it.

No comments: