Thursday, August 31, 2006

Date with Rob

Last night I went on a fantastic date. We met for coffee (okay, chai lattes), and were wrapped up in conversation and laughter until they closed at 10. For a first date, we were pretty comfortable with eachother, I think. We covered a great many topics, and that made me happy. I didn't feel like I had to censor myself, which is a really good sign in my mind.

I think we have a lot in common - similar thinking patterns and values. Quite often he'd talk about something, and I'd think "Wow - That's exactly how I feel about it".

And not only that, he's a gentleman. When we left the cafe, I noticed that he stopped just inside the door to wait for me to go through first. And then as he was walking me to my car, he offered me his jacket, because I didn't have mine and it was chilly out. I thanked him but declined (I'm not used to such things - It's amazingly sweet, it's just - surprising or something). And then half a block later, he gave it to me anyway. I didn't know what to say - All I could think of was "How are you single???". But I think I just giggled and thanked him instead.

It just feels so good to have gone out with someone I truly respect and admire. I really look forward to seeing him again.

:) Aaaand this is the best photo I could find of the cafe we went to, but we sat inside because it was a wee bit cold and rainy...

1 comment:

Jen said...

ah! Chai latte's? Green Umbrellas? I know exactly where you were because I work at one. GREAT place for a date! Glad you had a great time.