Friday, August 11, 2006

Flowing Beauty



This is one of my all-time favorite photos. I ADORE photos of women underwater, and this is one of my favorites. This has been on my desktop more than any other photo. You may or may not recognize her, but it's Kate Winslet. I generally prefer her with dark hair, but I think the lighter hair-color works really well here. I love the dress she's wearing, and the line of her left leg. The swirl of her hair, and the spread of her left hand... That is beauty.

If you like this photo, I encourage you to check out some stuff by Howard Schatz (see my links list for his official site). He also photographs flowers and athletes and nudes in 'knots', but I love his underwater work best of all. And if ever you get your hands on a copy of his book "Pool of Light", I will sell my soul to you for it.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Congrats on your first blog! I've started mine up again, so add me to your links!