Friday, August 18, 2006

On Vacation...

Tomorrow morning I am leaving town for 9 days, and will have no computer access. Unfortunately, that means no HNT next week, and no random updates of any kind until at least the 28th of August.

This trip is a little bitter-sweet for me. I will be staying at a cabin on the Shuswap, which is where my mom drowned 3 years ago. I'll even be there for the 3-year anniversary of her death. Am I crazy? Stupid? Masochistic? Maybe. I was invited there last year, but knew I wasn't ready. This year, I decided it's time to face the fear. I currently can't even drive past Shuswap/Sicamous/Salmon Arm without getting teary and short-of-breath. And now I'm spending 9 days there???

But I think I'll be okay. I'm a strong girl, and it may even be comforting to be there again. It seems scary, but it may feel good somehow - Like closure or something? I think I'll write her a letter while I'm out there and drop it in the lake for her.

But I'm also trying to think of this as a vacation. Because honestly I will spend the majority of the week sea-dooing, water skiing, reading in the sun... I do think I'll get some R & R out of it too. I hope so, anyway.

The above photo of The Shuswap was taken by my friend Josh Tidsbury, in October 2003.

Thanks to everyone (anyone?) who is reading my little blog, and stay tuned for more updates in late August.

Love and Hugs and Kisses,

Brandi / Blue / I'x

No comments: