Monday, August 14, 2006

The Most Beautiful Rose

I have to admit, I have a serious crush on this girl. And it's different from my Angelina obsession, because with Angelina a huge part of it is her personality and way of life. However, I know almost nothing about Rose McGowan, so I can't really claim that my attraction to her is based on anything but the physical.

These are not the best photos of her, but I love the idea of each one - And I didn't want to post the usual cleavage-shots. I also think the bubble photo could have been done better - The pants don't really seem to fit her, and I think they should have gotten rid of (or at least obscurred or something) the big round reflection in the bubble. That reflection highlights the fact that it's a stage, and I doubt that's the look they were going for... But whatever.

I was looking for a good website devoted to her, but found none. This surprises me, honestly. She's gorgeous (of course), and though I know very little about her, the bits I do know intrigue me to no end. I know that she was engaged to Marilyn Manson for quite some time, and I know that she and her family were part of a cult when she was growing up in Italy. And although I know nothing about her personal beliefs, I do know that she tends to take a lot of roles with a bit of an 'occult' twist to them. I've only heard her speak in interviews a few times, but she always impresses me.

I saw an article today about how "fat" women are finally popular in Hollywood again. The thing that really pissed me off about it, was that their list of fat women included people like Rose McGowan and Kristen Davis (Charlotte from Sex in the City). Grrrr... I think it would have pissed me off less if they spoke of "curvy" women or something. But these women are nothing like fat. Nothing. But it got me thinking about Rose (and Kate Winslet, and Christina Ricci, and other perfect curvy women), and decided to ramble about her for a bit. So there.


No comments: