Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weather


Today I'm wearing my gloomy-day outfit. Grey pants, blue and grey sweater. It's not that I'm feeling gloomy - It's just the weather. It's not even rainy, just... dim.

I don't think of it as a bad thing - I love weather. I love to notice it, to feel the changes. I love the variety. I love the wind and the rain and the sun and the snow. It's like a huge fantastic show that we're all a part of.

I love to watch the sky - It's always different than before.
I love how the rain feels - It's like the touch of some great diety.
I love listening to the wind - Like it carries secrets from everywhere it's been.

I even love feeling the cold bite in the air in the winter. I take it as a challenge - I can take it. Do your worst. Freeze my ass off, I can handle it!!! Bring it ON!!!! I feel brave as we are plunged into the cold and dark.

But we're not there yet. We don't have to brave winter yet. We still have time to exist outside with bare skin.

I can feel the season turning again, summer to autumn. Last week on the lake it was so bright and warm, I couldn't imagine the end of summer. But already, so soon - The leaves are barely starting to turn, and the mornings are chilly again. We'll need to start wearing our jackets again, and scraping frost from our windshields before work. The air will chill, and take on that smoky flavor.

Perhaps it goes back to being in school, but fall also reminds me of red sweaters and plaid. Fall makes me want to dress like a schoolgirl. And I likely will.

:) Okay, well - I'm just rambling along on my lunch hour, but it's almost time for me to get back to it.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Hey! Thank you for stopping over. I hope you will come by more often.
I can't believe you are already getting the start of a season change. We are still going strong with a heat index of 98* today.
Hope to see you soon.
~xo