Monday, August 28, 2006

Back from BC

Greetings! I have returned! Didja miss me? Does anyone even read this? Sweeeet.

My trip was fantastic. It was exactly what I needed in a lot of ways.

First of all, I was able to face my fear of the Shuswap. I was able to ride its surface without being terrified of its depths, and I was able to touch the water without being sickened by it. I was able to see it once again as amazing and beautiful, instead of just dark and deadly.

Aside from the emotional aspects of it, it was a wonderfully relaxing week as-well. The family I was with is a wonderful one, who made me feel very welcome, and a part of the unit. We spent day after day on the lake, and in the sun. In the evenings we played board games. There was so much laughter, so much... GOOD.

I don't think I've done much fantasizing about "my future family" in a while, but this vacation brought me very strongly back to that. I found myself again and again daydreaming so fondly of the day years from now that I will be able to take my own little family on a vacation like that. At one point I saw a little family in a canoe (a mom and a dad and 3 little children), and I just sat there staring, thinking - How fantastic!


No comments: