Monday, December 04, 2006

Common Dreamscapes...

So, I don't know whether or not this is true for everyone, but my dreams have a tendency to take place in common settings. There are a few that I know very well, and can remember quite clearly when I'm awake - but there are others of course, that I can never remember unless I'm there.

I'd like to record some of my dream details here, because I used to be so closely connected to my dreams and I want to get back there. The best way to allow my conscious brain into my sub-conscious, is to do as much as I can to get my sub-conscious into my conscious. Make sense?

So, even if I'm not remembering all my dreams every night, I can often remember little bits of them, or at least know some details about the environment.

Today I'm going to describe one of my really common dreamscapes...

At the top of a tall, tall, building - like an office building, there is a place on the top floor - it's like a restaurant or a lounge, only there are these little pools as well as tables. The pools are like hotsprings - they look natural or very very old. Made of stone, dark and deep. The water is warm and comforting. The whole place is REALLY dark, and has a greenish tone to it. It's like I'm looking at it through dark green glass. There is some fear associated with the dark water, but these dreams are not really bad ones. In my dreams, I come here after work. I am dressed professionally - heels, suit, make-up, etc. Sometimes I arrive with someone, and sometimes I am meeting someone there - But it's always someone I don't know in real life. When I come to this place, there is a very slight feeling of fear, like perhaps this place can be dangerous - Or perhaps it is just the unknown. Despite the darkness though, this place is generally good. There are people all around, at the tables or in the pools - eating, drinking, chatting in hushed tones. I always get into one of the pools, rather than sitting at a table. I am alone and naked in the pool, though sometimes I'm talking to someone sitting on the edge. When I am in the pool, I hold onto the edge, and I feel warm and relaxed. I seem to be very aware of this setting, somehow. I remember paying attention to the details when last I dreamt of this place - I felt fascinated by it, and wanted to remember.

So I did.

I don't really know how long I've been dreaming of this place - Not long, relatively speaking. Longer than a couple months, but certainly less than a year. Maybe it's been within the last six months? Can't be sure.

So - any dream decoders out there? What do you think? Any fantastic ideas as to why I wind up in this place so often when I fall asleep?

Has anyone else ever dreamt of a place like this, or does it remind anyone of a place that actually exists?

I'd be interested to hear...

But for now, it's time for me to do a little more work and go home.

Tah!

No comments: