Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Good Weekend - Updates!

Not much time, but wanted to give some random and REALLY out-of-order updates...

Wiiiiii - Okay, the Wii is lots of fun. I'm not much into video games at all, but I have to admit I could waste hours on this one. Of the Wii Sports games, I like bowling the most, but tennis and baseball are fun too. The golf and the boxing I have to admit I haven't tried yet, but I probably will at some point. Brian also got a game called Rayman, which is totally twisted and bizarre, but FUN. Anyway, yeah. Much fun to be had there.

Bought some kitchen chairs this weekend, which is exciting. Haven't bought the table yet, but I will in the next month or so (hopefully after my next paycheck, but I may have to wait a couple weeks to comfortably afford it). These chairs were returned assembled, so they were marked down to $50, from their regular price of $75. There were actually 5 like that, but I only bought 4 because one of them was visibly damaged. I might buy another couple of them at regular price, but I might not, either. I think for the size of the table, 4 is enough for now. One side of the table will be against my kitchen window, so one on each end and two on the close side is plenty.

I also got some new clothes, which is REALLY exciting, because I haven't bought new clothes for myself in I-don't-know-how-long. I got myself some basics to start with. 3 pairs of pants: Jeans, black dress pants, and khakis. Then I got a dark purple tanktop/cami-thing, and a pink one, with some girly lace on the edges. A long-sleeved black shirt, a button-up brown one, and a brown t-shirt, and a shrug. You may ask what a shrug is (I did):

This is a shrug. This is the very one I bought, infact. I was always under the impression that I should not wear such things (short sweaters/jackets), because I need no extra emphasis on my chest. However, I was convinced to try it on anyway - and discovered that I look DAMN good in it, if I do say so myself. It accentuates ALL the right curves. Makes my waist/stomach look TINY. Seriously - I can't take it off. Wore it to work today, and everyone I see is like "you look REALLY good today". It probably also has to do with the fact that suddenly I'm wearing clothes that fit... On the same note, my other happy news: In terms of pants, apparently I'm now a size 8. I am THRILLED with this, because I've been a 12 pretty much all my adult life. I've had moments at 14 and moments at 10, but I've NEVER been an 8. Until now. And I can barely contain my excitement. I even managed to get into a size 6 pair of jeans and do them up and everything - But I couldn't move my legs. That's not the point though. For a shining moment in time, I was wearing a pair of size 6 jeans. Holy crap. I would have bet serious money I could never say that.
Once again, I was totally amazed by the wonder that is Brian. He wandered around the mall with me for almost 5 hours, while I shopped for clothes. I thought men were supposed to whine and complain and sigh and roll their eyes and say their feet hurt, and... He didn't. Not even the tiniest shred. After about the third store, I was like, "Are you okay? Are you bored? Tired? Frustrated?" and he was like "Let's go in here - I bet they have some good stuff for you here." And every time I opened the dressing room door, he was sitting there, smiling - giving me his honest opinions (which are really good - the boy has style). It was amaaaaaazing.
Brian's friend Cara came over on Saturday and hung out with us, which was a lot of fun. Cara's amazing, and is welcome to hang out with us any time. We played with the Wii and Brian made us Chambord Martinis, and played with his camera, and... Much fun was had.
We also had supper with his friend Trevor one night, which was awesome. I'd spoken to him on the phone quite a few times, so it was nice to finally meet him face-to-face. He lives in Edmonton, but he was in town briefly for work.
Also saw Pan's Labyrinth on Friday night. It had its pros and cons, I'll admit. On one hand it was amazingly beautiful and artsy. On the other hand, it was REALLY violent and - well - stressful. I thought it was WAY more graphic than it had to be. I don't remember the last time I had to hide my eyes during a movie, but I had to at SEVERAL points in this movie. And I could tell from the audience's reaction that I did well to look away. We were there with a large group, and some people LOVED it, and some people HATED it. And some people loved it AND hated it.
We also went on a walk at some point, and got some housework done too... I must say, It was a really good weekend. Woo!

And work is - stressful. I'm terrified about my presentation, haven't really gotten far on writing it, and I'm supposed to be GIVING it a week from tomorrow. Aaaaauuuugh!!! Breathe. Okay. In, out. Aaaah.

Alright, back to work for a bitty-bit, then hometime. Yay!

8 comments:

Alisha said...

Now that you have found me, I will never leave!
It's your turn to check out my life.
Nice to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi,
You should post the picture of the girl that you did that is hanging by your front door. I really love that picture! Glad to see things are going well. Talk to you soon.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

lovely, i just made tons of fresh emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...

If you wish to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night games on your Ps3 or Xbox console online for money - we look for beta-testers now. Join us on Facebook until end of March and you can receive $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Hello guys! I own a budget tattoo supply business in New York. I used to buy all tattoo equipment at really low prices but my supplier got jailed (believe it or not) so I'm looking for a low cost tattoo equipment firm (preferable online) to buy tattoo equipment from. Here is an example of what I need: Tattoo Supplies. Thanks in advance for any ideas dudes! PM me or write me at: triple6tattoo@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt enjoy all your writing style, very charming,
don't give up as well as keep penning considering the fact that it just simply nicely to read it,
excited to browse additional of your content articles, thanks :)