Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hooray for 2007!!!

So, I know I said I would post another message before the holidays, but I didn't. So now I'm back, for a post-holidays update.

Isn't this a fantastic photo? It's another one of Brian's, and I absolutely adore it.

All-in-all, my holidays were really good. My family stuff wasn't too stressful - Tarah behaved about as well as can be expected, and there was really no serious conflict.

At Marilyn's annual Christmas Eve party, I finally got to meet Ruby and Madison, who are the very first of the next generation in our specific little group of families. Madison is about a year and a half old, has BRIGHT red hair in little spikey pig tails, and she is Katie's daugter. Katie is Chris's daughter, and Chris is Marilyn's best friend of 40 years. Got that? Good. Andrea is Katie's little sister, and Andrea had Ruby (in my arms, right) last June. July? Somewhere in there. It was SO exciting to have babies there. Marilyn's Christmas parties used to have dozens of children running around in party dresses, but now we're all grown up - And I'm glad that SOMEONE has finally decided to reproduce. As you can likely tell in this photo, babies make me happy (to put it lightly) - And considering I'm not quite at a 'baby-making' place in my life yet, I'm glad there are some other babies out there that I can hold and play with and get giddy over for now.

I got lots of interesting stuff for Christmas - including snowboarding passes, Evanescence concert tickets, a new suit for work, some new music (CD and piano sheet music), lots of great gift cards (coffee and books - what could be better?), and some amazing jewellery.

I also spent a lot of time with Brian, which was awesome. Some of you have heard me ramble on and on and on about him, some of you have not. But if you have not, it means we haven't spoken in the past few weeks. For those of you who don't know, I met Brian at Katherine's Christmas party. We both found some sparkles in eachother, and we've been spending time together since, and are only getting more and more intrigued by one-another. I know I've gone on more than one anti-relationship-rant on this blog (and other places), and Brian may just make me eat some of my words. But I suppose that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

We've only known eachother for a few weeks, but we seem to know eachother really well already. For Christmas he gave me a silver collar and moonstone pendant which is SO perfectly suited to me, I was struck practically speechless. I would NEVER have thought that a man could pick out a piece of jewellery so suited to me. I dunno, it's really bizarre - he listens. To, like, every little detail. Amazing and fantastic, I say!!!

:) I am seriously SO excited for 2007. All signs point to this year being a great one. I'm so happy to have met Brian, and look forward to all our little adventures to come. I'm thrilled with my job, and am feverishly excited to see how it develops. I turn 25 in February, which seems like a big exciting birthday in general - and my finances should be a lot better this year than the last few. I'm planning to go back to Burning Man this year, which of course is very close to my heart. I also hope to do some other travelling, but what/when/where is as-yet undetermined by far.

According to numerology, this year should be a great one for humanitarian and social causes. I won't bet money on it either way, but I can hope for it.

Alright, well it is time for me to focus back on my work. I hope everyone else out there is as happy and excited about life in general as I am.

No comments: