Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oh Really...

Ahaha, okay so this is slightly different from the artwork I tend to post here. But that doesn't make it any less important. This painting struck me - I like art that speaks about current cultural happenings (in this case, celebrity worship) - and I think this piece gets it's point across. The women in Walmart, by the checkout - likely scanning the tabloids for the latest gossip on this woman who is viewed by so many to be 'above' the rest of us. Divine.

I, of course, fully agree that Angelina has some serious divinity in her, but in probably in a less literal sense. I think we're all divine - But some of us manage to tap into it and share it more widely. She's not more important than any one of us, she is just human as we all are, but she has the means to have a greater influence on the world than most of us do.

And yes, don't worry, I see the humor in it too.

I have so much running around in my head right now it's ridiculous. Problem is, a lot of it is not mine to share.

So instead, I'll talk about what I'm eating for lunch - Tortellini. Leftover from The Spaghetti Factory on Monday. Brian and his dad came to meet me for lunch, and it made my day. Even sitting here eating the leftovers, the taste of it reminds me of how happy that made me - How flattered I was. It was just so... nice. I dunno. I guess I'm not overly descriptive today. Because it was just so NICE.

:) And now I'm going to try to find something else to do. Just because. So there.

No comments: