Friday, January 05, 2007

So Much Fun...

So, I went over to Brian's place last night after work. He asked me if I felt like theatre. I always feel like theatre. So, he tells me he got a couple of tickets for Five Hole: Tales of Hockey Erotica. I'd heard of it, and it sounded fantastic and bizarre - Which is soooo my cup of tea.

Strangely, these tickets came from his ex-wife. Granted, she tried to give them to other people first, but when that didn't work, apparently she literally said my name, as-in "maybe Brian and Brandi would want to go". He only JUST told her about me yesterday too - So I guess we were fresh in her mind, maybe. But still - odd. A date with Brian, made possible by his ex-wife? Hehe. Whatever - I'll take dates with Brian regardless of where they come from.

We were feeling a bit peckish, so we stopped at Milestones for some calamari and popcorn shrimp and merlot. Perhaps a strange dinner by some standards, but it was good - Got us what we needed.

The show was really good - Definitely bizarre, but really well done. I imagine certain parts of it would have meant more to people who know Canadian hockey really well, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean, it was hockey and sex. I don't know much about hockey, but the sex was all in my language.

Wait, did that sound bad? Hm...

Since it was opening night, they had an "opening night party" afterwards - They served Hockey Gourmet - AKA beer and hotdogs. The show was in the Martha Cohen Theatre, but the party was upstairs - Big Secret Theatre, maybe? We enjoyed our beer and hotdogs, and chatted in the dark, illuminated by these intense red and blue lights. Tried to take a couple of cellphone photos of eachother all colorful, but cell cameras are never as good as the real thing.

After that, we went out into Olympic Plaza. I wanted to show Brian my brick (during the '88 Olympics, Calgarians were able to pay to have their names or their loved ones' names imprinted on the bricks in Olympic Plaza). My dad got them done for all three of us (my sisters and I). It was dark and snowy last night, so searching for my brick was difficult. We looked for a while, but couldn't find it. I did, however, find Josh's brick totally by accident. Found his brother's first, and thought "huh. Weird. I wonder if it's the same Zachary..." and then I looked over and saw Josh's and was like - "Okay, yeah - that's crazy."

Then we slid around on the ice rink for a bit - I thought I was going to fall, as I was wearing 3-inch heels, but he got me out there swinging and sliding around - it was so much fun.

When we got back to his place, 'we' hooked up the drain of the sink he installed last week - It was draining into a bucket until last night. He keeps saying I helped, but I really only found a misplaced washer, held a pipe while he sawed through it, and turned the tap on to check for leaks. Aaaand I made some little egg-spherey things out of his plumbers' putty. VERY helpful.

Then we washed some dishes, and then we curled up in bed with his laptop and looked at some photos and listened to some Beatles songs.

I really am so so happy right now. I have no idea how I was lucky enough to meet Brian - Maybe it was just time for me to experience a happy, healthy relationship finally. Eeek! Gushing. Bad Brandi. My apologies.

Back to work with me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you have found someone who makes you so happy, you deserve it!! Looking forward to the concert, talk to you soon.

M.