Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Greetings on the 14th...

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

I had a really good weekend - got lots done. I always feel better about my weekends when I've gotten something done. This weekend I set up my personal filing system, and spent hours filing stuff away. It feels SO good. To go from random boxes of assorted paper in haphazard heaps, to a neat and tidy filing system - Aaaaaah. Audit me now, fuckers!!!

Also, my roommate and I watched Karla. Holy crap. Has anyone else out there seen this movie? Talk about intense! It was amazingly good, but so creepy! Laura Prepon did SUCH a fantastic job, I reeeeeally hope her career starts to take off one of these days. Karla proved to me that Laura is an amazingly talented actress. But seriously - If you are going to watch it, be sure you can focus all your attention on it, because it deserves (and demands) all your focus.

I was surprised my roomie agreed to watch it with me actually, because in general he watches horror movies, but nothing about serial killers. And for whatever reason, I like stories about serial killers (especially the real ones), but couldn't care less about horror. For me, it's about realism. I can believe a story about some creepy guy going around doing terrible things to people. But I can not believe a story about zombies or monsters or superheros. But maybe that's just a personality difference. I prefer stories I can believe, and he prefers stories he can't believe. Although he does truly seem to believe that a zombie invasion could happen... But that's a different story.

Anywho, he enjoyed Karla just as much as I did, though it seemed to disturb him a little more than it did me. Anywho, he's now agreed to watch The Black Dahlia with me, which is super-exciting because I've been looking forward to that movie for MONTHS. Sweet...

What else? Oh yeah, had lunch with two of my nearest and dearest friends yesterday - Katherine and Josh. Hadn't seen either one of them in FAR too long, and it was really nice to catch up. Even if I did get scolded around my eating habits. But truthfully, I think I needed to hear it. I didn't realize how little I've been eating lately until I said it out loud. I am more aware now that I'm not getting enough calories in a day. I know I can't get back to normal overnight, but I'm making a conscious effort with it now.

I'm happy to report that I had half a package of oatmeal this morning, and at lunch I had 1/4 cup of corn, and 1/2 cup spaghetti with meat sauce. I do feel a little nauseous, but at least I'm not nauseous AND hungry. And this is WAY more than I've usually eaten by 1pm, so I have to expect that my body'll take some time to get used to normal amounts of food again.

I'm on the right track, though.

Okay, well - it's time for me to get back to work, I have a non-compliance response to write to the board. Woo!

No comments: